Touch freezing up after pwn

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by blocker85, Apr 17, 2008.

1. blocker85

blocker85 New Member

I looked at similar threads, and no one has this exact problem it seems, so maybe I did something wrong.

I followed the very nicely written instructions on this forum on how to pwn my touch. Everything seemed to go well. However, I installed a few programs (colloquy, Scummvm, summerboard) and now the thing freezes like crazy. It usually corrects itself and sends me back to the "slide to unlock" screen after a while, but it is really annoying. What would you suggest I do? I've tried restoring the custom firmware I made with pwnage tool and it still happens. Has anyone seen this problem?

Thanks in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. zanyzonk1

zanyzonk1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Restore with an official Apple Restore IPSW file. This will unpwn your device. Then pwn your device again and then restore with the custom IPSW file.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. cbubbagump

cbubbagump Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    dude the same happened to on macpwn 1.1.4 would constantly freeze I had to Restore to 1.1.1 and start again don't use pwnage unless u want a frozen touch
  4. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

That's a very expansive statement. I used the mac pwntool 1.1 on my 8gb and 16gb ipods and both work great!
  5. iAlexander

iAlexander New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What I think you're doing wrong is choosing to restore from your backups in iTunes. Do not do this! I had similar problems, and that turned out to be the cause.
  6. jadorno

jadorno New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    First You Need To Restore In The Custom firmware Then After Restart Since You Alreay Have Installer Go To Contacts And Add A New Person And Let The Keyboard Appear Then After That Type Stuff Randomly For Like 10 To 15 Seconds Then Cancel The New Contact And There You Go No More Lagging. I Tested It On Mine And It Started Laggy But Then I Did That From A Fresh Pwned Firmware And It Stopped Lagging
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Just because you Pwn your ipod doesn't mean you can just skip all the proper steps for a normal jailbreak. It's just the same as if you used Ziphone or iLiberty so do the appropraite actions after the initial jailbreak.
  8. blocker85

blocker85 New Member

Thanks for all the quick responses! I'll try this and see if it works.
  9. Craze

Craze New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    What you should do

This happened to me already I used the ipwnage tool and when it was done my ipod froze like crazy. What I did was I put my ipod in DFU mode which is when you restart your ipod with the hold and home button and contuinue to hold he home button until itunes recongizes it and your touch is off. I then downgraded to 1.1.2 and upgraded back to 1.1.4 thats what worked for me.
  10. blocker85

blocker85 New Member

Everything worked great once I set it up as a new ipod, that was the problem. Thanks alot everyone!