Touch Fluctuating Battery

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by mlg6968, Nov 24, 2009.

1. mlg6968

mlg6968 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi everyone, I hope I'm doing this right as it's my first time in here.
    Anyway my problem, if it is in fact a problem, is this. A month back I purchased the new Touch 64gb, I left in on charge overnight plugged into the pc, there were no screensavers, or power off pc at a certain time options ticked, I made sure thay were all set to never and left it as i say overnight. I then didn't use it for a few days so switched it off, then after about three days I turned it on and noticed the battery meter had gone down a notch already and the battery app I'd installed (ibattery Pro which is really accurate on my iphone) had gone down to about 98%, not being to alarmed at this point I took it out with me and played some music and noticed it had gone up to 99%, then shortly after 100%.
    To cut a long story short over the next few weeks when I turned the touch on i noticed the battery level had dropped significantly, for example today it read 28% (This is a few weeks after it's first charge mind you as there are times I dont use it for days on end) but over the course of me playing it on the way home it rose back to 48%. This is decidedly weird and i was wondering if this is normal or in fact a fault?
    Just in case it was the battery app giving inacurrate reading i installed two more and they all did much the same thing, even the touches own battery meter did it.
    Can anyone shed any light on this as £300 is a lot to pay if it is a fault.
    Thanks ever so much in advance.

Mark.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, from my understanding, battery apps aren't accurate like you later found out. I believe the iPod's main battery meter fluctuates depending on the task. The way I see it, if you are playing a game and it shows 28%, it'll go down normally as long as you continue to play the game. But if you turn it off, then it'll go back up.
  3. mlg6968

mlg6968 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks Chris. i understand what you mean, but the iBattery Pro app seems fine on my iPhone 3G with no fluctation whatsoever and the phone dies pretty much when the app says the phone is empty. The weirdest part as i mentioned is the touch going from 28% (from initial bootup) to 48% from just playng a small video clip for a few minutes.