Touch Fault 1604 can you help please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by anthony_346, Feb 19, 2009.

1. anthony_346

anthony_346 New Member

Hi,
    Im new to this website and this is the first touch i have ever owned, after receiving it today theres a slight problem with it. I have not tried jailbraking it or anything like that. I plugged it in and it says im in recovery mode.

Please Register or Log in to view images

What ever this is lol!! Apparently i need to restore! So yea im ok with that! But it fails! miserably with the 1604 error.. I have googled.. tried every tactic out there!! its not brand new so i cant send it back. Now after trying a few things i have noticed that if in DFU mode i can go into itunes and do a restore and it gets MUCH further however after a short time "prepping" the ipod, the Touch appears to Reset itself! after its reset it freezes and will not go on from there!!

Please can someone help me

Thank you for all your help in advanced
  2. 560cool

560cool Member

umm the recovery, and iTunes. mine worked perfectly when ii got it. try it again coz' i think it ha s an error-mess up and u must try several times to get rid of it. this is all the help i could give u.

3. anthony_346

anthony_346 New Member

Has no one got any ideas at all?

4. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hello and welcome to the forums. I'd try this website. Tell me if it works or not. Hope I helped.
  5. anthony_346

anthony_346 New Member

Hi there,
    Thank you very much for the advice. As not to be rude but i state in my above description i have tried all that.. and through sheer common sence the first place i went was apple..
    Thanks again though

6. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If your using Windows go here.
  7. anthony_346

anthony_346 New Member

8. Zijan

Zijan New Member

Ugh! lol I have the same problem.....my itouch was jailbroken but i was restoring it again to reset some configurations. Since apple has made jailbreaking illegal I couldn t restore it on 8.x.x or i didn t know how since it upgrades to the newest firmware. I installed 7.5 and I am getting error 1604.
    I think i might try a later version of itunes....I ll get back to here if it helps.
  9. anthony_346

anthony_346 New Member

10. Zijan

Zijan New Member

Say Anthony....it just occurred to me.....the first time i tried restoring and it worked....My hard drive was still as full as it was just not jailbroken.....was your hard drive too full to place to new firmware on it perhaps? I think restoring it is not deleting the data we have on their..I disabled the 40min partition wipe in the restore file I made....maybe you did the same thing? It seems likely to me, I m going to give it a try. That 40min wipe should delete everything on the itouch and if that was the problem we should be fine with the new restored firmware made. Get back to you in 2hrs or soo....when its done.