Touch doesn't connect to itunes and can't used while charging not like other problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Eff1nT4sty, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Eff1nT4sty

Eff1nT4sty New Member

The iPod restarts whenever I connect the usb cable. Like the screen goes dim(apple logo) then when I press the power button a second time(taping it) the screen clears and I'm back where I started. I cant turn it on when its already connected. I know its not dead because I can turn it on when its not connected. I've tried 3 different cables, and 2 computers, but the same thing happens with both. I'll see if i can get a video up.

Also when I end the apple/itunes processes then plug my ipod in they start again, the iPod charges fine to(it just looks like its turned off, is it?). I've let the battery drain and tried then the screen actually shows the little lightning bolt and battery. I've tried the force restore but the damn thing shuts of when I connect the cable so I'm fricken screwed. Ugg plz help me!

EDIT: You guys think it could be the wiring in my house? I've heard of other things not working for that reason ie. computers
    and btw I'm on windows XP and it's 16gb
  2. Eff1nT4sty

Eff1nT4sty New Member

anyone? help is appreciated
  3. jordanpooph555

jordanpooph555 New Member

Oh yes first try restarting your ipod
    then try resetting all settings
    but if that doesnt work try putting it in restore mode
    hod down the home button when you plug it in the computer but it will put it in restore mode
  4. Eff1nT4sty

Eff1nT4sty New Member

Ok well, when I plug it into my computer it shuts off. So I can't enter restore mode; it's frustrating.