Touch countrol for emulators

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by steeped, Mar 17, 2008.

1. steeped

steeped New Member

I really don't like the controls on the ipod cause i got pretty big figures and it's hard to feel for the small buttons, even in landscape mode.

Would controlling it by swiping my figure left or right or double taping is "a" or something be possible... my favorite game is F-Zero and I would just love to be able to control the plane by swiping my finger.

Edit: I spelled control wrong. If a mod can fix it for me...
  2. Youknowwho1890

Youknowwho1890 New Member

that is an awesome idea! i could imagine playing pokemon. you could guide the character by dragging your finger across the screen, a would be a tap, and b could be a double tap! it wouldnt be so good for games that need l + r tho...
  3. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Fingers too.

Anywho, I think it might be problematic to tap for buttons cos what do ya do if ya need to hold the button down?

If it works though, its a great idea
  4. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

that is a pretty good idea. that would be really really usefull,
  5. steeped

steeped New Member

Well I don't care is I misspell something in my text, but misspelling something on the title is different...

Well if you could have the original buttons which there are now AND an option to swipe, that would be kool. So if I play mario kart, I can chose between swiping and using the buttons.
  6. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

this idea seems do-able
    its kinda like like the controller on a psp where you drag your thumb to move instead of pressing a button.