Touch battery, weird!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Unregistered, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I plug my Ipod into my computer in order to charge it and sync it. When i do this the battery % begins to go down. When i first plug it in no matter how much battery is actually there, it says 65%, it then goes to 24%, then 6%, then the second i unhook it from the cord the ipod shuts down. I then turn on the Ipod and the 10% battery warning comes up, however i can watch videos and listen to music on it for hours and the battery % steadily goes up until it reaches 100%. I know it is not a problem with the cord because i have a device in my car that is suppose to charge it and the same thing happens, the battery % goes down and down and down, then when i shut the car off for a second which stops the power going to the outlet, the ipod shuts down. So i can use my ipod in my pocket with my headphones, but i can not use it in my car which is where i use it mostly.
    Any body have any ideas of what is causing this??
    Any help would be great!
  2. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Jul 5, 2010
    You need to run the battery down completely, then plug it into the computer when it dies.
    After that just leave it on and let it charge all the way (Which is supposed to be like 6 hours?)
  3. pepehcosta

pepehcosta New Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Use your iPod until the battery goes to absolute 0%. Then leave it charging for about 12 hours. That should work for you. If it doesn't, try contacting Apple.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Alright. I am going to give that a try. thanks for the feedback gents!
    Anybody else with an idea on what may be causing this and how to fix it let me know.
    thanks again.
  5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I tried what was mentioned above. I used the ipod until it died and pluged it in to recharge it. For the first 2 hours the battery symbol showed that it was charging, (lightning bolt) however the percentage did not go above 6%. So i left it for a longer time to charge, when i checked it 4 hours later the battery sysmbol showed that the ipod was connected but not charging, and the battery was still at 6%.
    Any more thoughts on the matter?? What may be causing it not to charge?