iOS 3.1 touch back up

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by chippynut, Jan 15, 2010.

1. chippynut

chippynut New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi every one, I am new and i think a little old for this forum at sixty eight,I have joined on behalf of my twelve year old grand daughter who had a 64 gig touch for Xmas,I thought she may be too young to join, one problem is she was righting reminder note,s when every thing such as graphics etc became to large to read and operate, we cannot put things right, but i see there is a sort of system restore to factory settings, will she lose the downloads that she has paid for or will she be able to recollect these through Itunes if she uses this, does Itunes back her ipod up as i see it makes a record of some sort of her games etc, Or can she some how resize the icons etc some other easy way, Sorry if i have gone on a bit or if i have missed another thread on this subject, thanks.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Before restoring, be sure to right click on the iPod (as it appears in iTunes) and select "Transfer Purchases". This will copy any purchased items that are on the iPod, onto your computed. That way, when the restore is complete, data can be copied back to the device with no loss.
  3. chippynut

chippynut New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks axis, that is just what we needed to know, emma as limited funds and does not want to lose purchases of music, games etc, So in fact this is a sort of back up, We have just managed to reverse the large icons simple enough, i suppose she paniced a bit but it is realy as simple as a pc, you just need to know the tricks, Apple is a little bit tight in not giving out a written manuel with a two hundred pound item, thanks again, chippynut.
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Though it is a good idea to regularly transfer purchases, in this case restoring may not be necessary.

If you explain the issue she was having, I'm sure we can help.
  5. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Was it in Zoom Mode?
  6. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    http://www.apple.com/accessibility/itunes/ipodtouch.html