Touch appears as a different name in iTunes and wants to sync everything

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jweaver, Apr 26, 2009.

1. jweaver

jweaver New Member

Apr 20, 2009
    I got my Touch (2G) last week and immediatly JailBroke it using "Quickfreedom". It went well and has been totally stable since.

I have spent the last few days, installing and removing apps with no problem at all.. Every time I connect my Touch to Itunes it appears as "Jons Touch" and syncs and it stays totally in step with iTunes!

Today I had a problem with an app so did a 'power off'.. I know this works normally, as I have done this many times.. But this time, after the reboot, I got a display on the screen showing that I needed to connect it to 'iTunes'.

I did this and now my Touch appears as "iPod touch' (Rather than "Jons Touch") and when it starts to sync, it says:

"iTunes has found purchased items on the iPod 'iPod touch' that are not present in your library. Do you want to transfer these to your library? If you don't, they will be deleted from your iPod"... Its possible that its simply talking about apps that i have downloaded from the App Store on the Touch, but it didn't do this the last time I sync'd and I havn't donwloaded anything since, so I am obviously worried..

What do I do now? Why did it want to connect to iTunes after a reboot? WHy does it now know its self as a different name??

I should point out that in iTunes, my applications list is full and everything looks normal.. My Touch also looks right.. All of the apps are present!

Please help as I am not sure what to do next, so can someone help??

I look forwards to your replies.