Touch and video formats - I'm getting crazy. HEEELLLP !

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cazeo, Feb 6, 2008.

1. cazeo

cazeo New Member

First, Hi everyone

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now here are my questions to you guys as I didn't find the answers anywhere else (not even here). Hopefully someone can answer them.

1 - What is the best format to convert DVD to the Ipod Touch format. Currently I use 480 x 320 (ratio : 1.5) which is the original screen resolution of the Touch but isn't the original ratio of most movies or TV shows. Why are most people encoding in 640 x 480 (1.33 - which also seems to be the ratio used by apple on its store) ? Is there any good reason for doing so ?

2 - I use a Kbps setting of 768. Is this enough ? I found out it gives me a correct quality (2 pass are needed) and generates files of around 500 / 600 Mo. Why do some of you use 1000 or even 1500 Kbps ?

3 - Finally whatever software I use (I currently use DVDFab Platinum as it does everything with one click

), the profiles always want to encode at 29.94 fps which generates judder effect on the final file. This happens no matter if the original film is encoded in PAL or NTSC. Do you guys manually change the fps to 24 or 25 depending on the source or do you leave it to 29.94 ? Also which software offers the best picture quality (eg. Recode, Handbrake, DVDFab, ...).

Thanks in advance for your answers.
  2. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    To be honest with you I do it in a much easier way, download Videora and when you click on convert video choose the Normal mode, set everything to highest and the quality is pretty good.

Ali