Touch acting like an iPhone

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by jfb392, Nov 14, 2007.

1. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just installed all of the iPhone applications (Mail, etc., not SMS and stuff) and now when I start my iPod, none of the icons work and it looks for service..

Should I restore?
    I don't really want to because I don't have Wi-Fi, so, is there a jailbreak yet that requires no Wi-Fi?
  2. partyboy911

partyboy911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Interesting. I know when I installed the phone and sms app onto my 1.1.1 it tried to activate the "iPhone". What version are you running?
  3. shadowstepster

shadowstepster Member

whoa. Did you copy part of the iPhone firmware along with the apps? You should probably just restore and reinstall them next time through installer with this source: repo.us.to

You can jailbreak without wifi. Google "touchfree"
  4. vstro24

vstro24 New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    If u dont have wifi then how did u SSH the files there?

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm running 1.1.1 and I just ended up restoring.
    I'll just need to find Wi-Fi again for the TIFF exploit, I guess.

All I copied was the applications and frameworks, although it may have been XLaunch that I had just installed too.

vstro24: It was kind of complicated.
    I used iPHUC to putfile the afc2 Services.plist (since I had used jailbreakme quite some time ago, before it added afc2) into /var/root/Media and then moved it using MobileTerminal.
    To get the applications on, I just tarred them, used putfile, untarred using tar from BSD Subsystem and MobileTerminal, and set permissions using chmod.
  6. humbert

humbert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just in case anyone else has this problem, it does have to do with xlaunch, and it's annoying to fix but I found a way. What I did was download iBrickr, then go into the iPod and switch out the N45AP.plist file for the backup I had on my computer. If you don't have a backup, download iOrder and make a playlist that includes all you programs, that might work too.