iOS 4.1 Touch 3G 32GB 3.1.2 JB to 4.1 JB --> Restore my apps and media

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by joeboo, Oct 10, 2010.

1. joeboo

joeboo New Member

I've been searching for a while and I can't find a good answer. Sorry if this is a retread.

Finally pulled the trigger and upgraded my 32gb Touch 3G from 3.1.2 JB'd with Blackra1n to 4.1. I missed the boat when the whole Jailbreak.me thing happened.

I downloaded the new firmware a couple weeks ago, so I followed the instructions for restoring using an .ipsw file. I ran a backup before I started anything so I could bring everything back.

Things went smoothly, upgrade was good, told it to restore from backup, Limera1n worked, but there's nothing on my iPod now. No media, no apps, just some settings and notes transfered over. I know a restore is basically a wipe/format, but shouldn't it at least transfer songs and stuff back? Did I miss a step? Everthing is still in itunes so I can transfer it manually, but that's going to be an epic task. How can I bring this baby back?
  2. GHO5T

GHO5T Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you must click restore from backup of (example) Steve's ipod when you first plug into itunes after restore.
  3. joeboo

joeboo New Member

I did that, didn't seem to take. That's how I got my notes and settings back, but it didn't transfer anything else.

Also, thank you for the quick reply!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Should I try running through the whole process again?