Touch 2G slowing down?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mapleleafmenace, Nov 29, 2008.

1. mapleleafmenace

mapleleafmenace New Member

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Tech forum or not since I'm not sure to begin with whether it's a problem or just something the pod does.

I noticed when I first got my iPod (about six days ago), it whizzed along opening apps with impressive speed. But after I had downloaded three or four apps, I noticed the boot time on apps began to slow down a bit, especially changing from one app to another. Also, the accelerometer wasn't responding quite as crisply (haven't used it for games yet - just safari).

Now this slow-down isn't huge, mind you. It's just barely noticeable. Anyone else notice this, and is there something I could or should do to fix it? As I said, I wasn't sure if it's actually a problem - I could certainly learn to live with it. I'd just like my pod to be as happy as possible because when it's happy, I'm happy.

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the slowdown is particularly noticeable after using web-based apps like Safari and the mail function, which I completely understand and expected a bit. But it has been taking the most time loading the Settings page, it seems no matter which app I had running beforehand.
  2. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    the slowdown I think, varies on how many apps you installed and how much the background process there is.
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You probably aren't closing your applications and are just quickly pressing the Home button when finished with them. This places them as background processes and can definitely slow down your iPod touch's responsiveness. To fix this, open up any application and then hold down the Home button for 6 or 7 seconds until it returns to the SpringBoard. You've now closed all applications rather than "hiding" them by quickly pressing the home button.
  4. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

wasn't one of apple's rules to avoid background process? to avoid slowdown... mmm BTW my TOUCH 1ST GEn used to do that too, i think it's cause all the apps
  5. mapleleafmenace

mapleleafmenace New Member

lol Well hell, that's good to know! Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images