Touch 2g Not Jailbroken acting stupid... Please help.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dreskills, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Dreskills

Dreskills New Member

Like the title states I have a Touch 2G not jailbroken running on 2.2

I put a Best Skins Ever complete set on today and when I was finished my Touch started acting weird. The Sleep Button was barely working and when it did I had to push it really hard and it would ask me to turn the phone off. Ive rebooted the thing countless times and I even did a restore. Now the Touch is acting even crazier after the restore, the Touch came back and asked me to turn it off. So I hit cancel then its fine but when I press the sleep button it immediately asks me to turn it off. Like the least bit of touch of the sleep button makes the Touch want to turn off. It will not go to sleep. I don't know what else to do.
  2. iMaztrr

iMaztrr Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    maybe you broke your sleep button.
  3. Dreskills

Dreskills New Member

That goes without saying.. Please if you don't have a fix then don't respond with something crazy just to be posting. The sleep button works it just doesn't do the correct function.
  4. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Srsly? Does it say phone? lol.

Try a restore. Try taking off the skin you just put on. How is it applied? If it requires water, then maybe that could have damaged the sleep button. If that doesn't work, then maybe you really should go to the store and ask.
  5. eric780

eric780 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    maybe your case is too tight so the slightest touch makes it hold down the sleep button.
  6. Dreskills

Dreskills New Member

Lol yeah I did say phone. My bad Im so used to posting on a forum about my actual phone. Yeah it does take water to put on the skin but its not like I dunked it in a cup full or anything. So if a restore doesn't fix it then I guess I gotta call Apple.
  7. johonto

johonto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    or hey....this is true the 2g's had some sorta wierd defect where on some of em the corners would pop up....but answer this this the problems start before or after you put the skin on......if it was a defect go to a aple store and just get ur sh*tf replaced.....

sources: my amigo bough one and the corer was all f***ed up like stkin up so he went and they practally gave him a new one...
  8. xLiXaZnBbOi

xLiXaZnBbOi New Member

if it does require water for your skin then i say just turn the device off and leave it over night as it happened to me with my ipod before i got it swapped.
  9. TearsOfFire

TearsOfFire New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    With your BSe, you are meant to lave your device between 12 and 24 hours before actually using it...