Touch 2G Freezing when left idle

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Blodia, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Blodia

Blodia New Member

Hey guys,

I did a search on the forums yet I cant find anything similar to my problem. If it's been posted, then I appologize. I seem to have a problem with jailbroken 2G when being left idle for a while. For example, if it's idle over night with a full battery, I'll wake up the next morning and it will be frozen (nothing displays on the screen), then when I reboot it, the battery is completely dead. This happened with the tethered jb and the full JB. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a way to fix it? Thanks
  2. Legendairy

Legendairy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If this happened before jailbreak then send your iPod to apple, this definitely is not normal.
  3. Blodia

Blodia New Member

Thank you for your reply. No this never happened when it wasnt jailbroken, it only started when I did the tethered. I was wondering if my warranty is void now cause I installed a bestskinever screen protector on it (had to put water on it to apply it)? The people at Best Buy told me that the apple warranty is only 3 months. is it 3 months or a year? The other thing i noticed is that I'm actually not sure if it freezes, or if the battery just drains completely when idle. Cause in the morning, when I hit the home button, it wont respond, I hit the power button, and it wont respond. Only way i can turn it on is if I hold the home and power button, then it turns on and tells me that my battery is completely dead. This only happens if I have my iPod unplugged over night. If its plugged into the comp, nothing happens, it turns on fine in the morning.

-edit-
    Also, wifi is always off. If it's left idle for a few hours, its fine. Just when it's over night (8+ hrs) will it do this.
  4. Legendairy

Legendairy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Apple warranty is actually 1 year, you can check when your warranty ends on their site, I don't have the link on hand, but all you do is enter your serial number and it tells you.

Try re-jailbreaking, if that doesn't work, restore to official firmware from apple and return it.

Although anyone with a 2G still has warranty because it was released in September 08, therefore it ends September 09 (if you got it as soon as it was released).
  5. Blodia

Blodia New Member

Alright, thank you, I'll restore the original firmware and see if I can replicate the problem. I was going to do that but I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem before I do a restore (cause syncing all the songs again is pretty tedious). I've re-jailbreaked it a few times, but it still does it. So if it does it with original firmware, then I know it's the ipod. If it doesn't, then it's something with the jailbreak, or a jailbroken app that I have installed. I bought mine in November, so I'm definitely under a year.