Touch 2g compatible voice/audio recorder apps?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by johnnylion, Oct 13, 2008.

1. johnnylion

johnnylion New Member

Hi Folks,

I've been awaiting the release of the Apple earbud/remote/mic at the Apple store. I've poked around on the App store for a recording app (including Recorder and iDicto). However, I downloaded these free versions and iTunes informs me that it won't install it on my touch because it's "not compatible". What gives?!? Is there a recording app that will install on my touch? iDicto is my preference...

Thanks in advance,
    John
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They probably need to be updated to accommodate the Microphone. Just be patient.
  3. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia New Member

I think I read somewhere that SpeakEasy is compatible.

Don't take my word for it though- look it up in the App Store and find the URL for the developer.

It was one of the top rated recorder apps by iLounge.
  4. johnnylion

johnnylion New Member

I looked up SpeakEasy and contacted the developer (who responded in a couple of hours). I was told that SpeakEasy does indeed support the touch G2. So, I guess I'll wait until I get the Apple bud/remote/mic (if it ever ships) before purchasing SpeakEasy.

Cheers!
  5. berky93

berky93 New Member

I just got a pair of earbuds with a built in mic from phillips, theyre great! the cord is wrapped in some kind of thick cloth instead of rubber so its really durable and feels professional and durable, and the mic is small and good quality. it also has the music controls (one button: press to pause, press to unpause, double press to skip song)