Touch 2G Compatible Chargers

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by aperthetic, Nov 15, 2008.

1. aperthetic

aperthetic New Member

I recently purchased a 16GB iPod Touch 2G, and I knew before getting it that it would not charge with my Apple firewire charger that I received way back when I got my iPod Photo. Now, I am looking for a new USB charger that will work with my 2G.

I don't want to by the Apple charger, as it is more expensive than I know I can get from iPod accessory companies. What chargers are there available that will work with the 2G? Thanks for you help.
  2. cosmocrazy

cosmocrazy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

do u have tht charger? and does it work?? cause i do not want to buy a cheap charger that quits on me
  4. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

theres some in the apple store that work on the 2g, and i think the iphone charger works too
  5. Otisbum

Otisbum New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I heard somewhere that the Touch only works with chargers putting out 1 amp per 5 volts (the ones I have are all 200mA or 500mA), but when I bought a pack yesterday without a clear label on the box of the amperage, they worked and it turns out they were both 500mA.

So anything that says on the box that it works with 2G should work, regardless of amperage.

Anyway, here's what I bought: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage... pack&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1190411437006

$50, really cheap quality plastic used on the charger pieces, but it works.
  6. iSaint

iSaint New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i bought one at target that is compatible with the ipod touch 2g and the iphone 3g
    i hate how apple updates everything to force their consumers into buying more.

the brand that made my wall charger is Griffin (notoriously known for their cases) it works fine