Touch 1g wifi problem .... Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by heart_break_kid_xxx, Jul 10, 2009.

1. heart_break_kid_xxx

heart_break_kid_xxx New Member

Hey .

Yesterday when I tried to use wifi on my Ipod touch 1g , I didnt work ..... although it did recognize the network and shows full network strngth but nothing happens and error comes saying server not responding ( In safari ) .

Yesterday I upgarded my ipod touch 1g to 3.0 , .... could it be because of that .. ?

Also I had dropped my ipod in Water 3 weeks ago , but I managed to dry it with a Dryer and get it working .... but since I havent used wifi on my ipod till yesterday after the upgrade.... so may be , could it be because of that ? But If there would be a problem with the wifi antenna it wouldnt have recognized the network in the first place.....

So , I am kinda confused what really is the problem ,... I mean is it with my hardware ( due to water damage ) or the software ( 3.0 ).. ?

Tnx
  2. TouchCast

TouchCast Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    it can't that the water damage is the problem..
    do you've alreay tried to enter the WPA or WEP (!?) code again?
    i use WPA so that works fine (i had that once too)
    hope that works.. Try it

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. riky2709

riky2709 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Many people(including me) have wifi problem since they upgraded to 3.0 so maybe that's the cause. Hopefully, maybe 3.1 is gonna fix this problem but no one knows for sure, we just gonna have to wait.
  4. ipodfan256

ipodfan256 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try downgrading and see if work with the old 2.1 firmware
  5. heart_break_kid_xxx

heart_break_kid_xxx New Member

By the way by WEP / WPA code you mean network password right ..?

Once It recognises the network , it doesnt Ask for Wep key again .... How do you enter the WEP key Again , By the way I did tried restoring the Ipod again and then setup the network again but to no avail .

But If Its the problem with 3.0 firmware , then should I try Downgrade my Touch back to 2.2.1........ would that work ?

tnx