I've tried searching everywhere for this and haven't been able to find anything that works for me. Last night I did a restore on my Jailbroken iPod running 2.2 firmware (it had been acting erratically, probably because I messed up some file permissions in SSH). Restored fine, jailbroke it again, installed a few apps (also no problems) everything was running perfectly. Went to sync it to my library to add music. iTunes put it in recovery mode and insisted I do another restore. I tried and it wasn't successful. Now the iPod is stuck in DFU mode (it seems 99% of people's problems is that they aren't using DFU mode to restore), and further attempts to restore from 3 different computers running XP and OS X, different firmware versions, trying QuickPwn and Ziphone, deleting the restore file in the iTunes folder, etc have all failed. The farthest it'll get is about 70% of the bar on the Touch's screen ("verifying restore") before it either freezes or iTunes gives me a random-numbered error message and aborts it. The iPod will show up as either an iPod (rarely) or Apple DFU Device in Windows/OS X depending on how far the restore got. There's never a problem getting iTunes or the operating system to recognize that it's plugged in. I gather my problem isn't so much the DFU mode as it is getting the firmware installed. This is driving me nuts (spent like 6 hours on it so far today) and I'm getting more and more convinced the thing is bricked. If anyone can find a solution that works for me, I'd gladly paypal them some beer (or whatever) money. As far as taking it to Apple, I bought it as a refurb in November and am pretty sure it only had a 90 day warranty, at best.