Totally Screwed. Starting from Scratch. Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by PCKid, Dec 3, 2007.

1. PCKid

PCKid New Member

Ok I really screwed up my 1.1.1 Jailbroken Touch. So I restored it to 1.1.2 official one from Apple and went here to do the 1.1.2 jailbreak. Downloaded a copy of the 1.1.1 firmware, set it up ready to downgrade to 1.1.1 as per instructions. I locate it using the option key on my mac but when it starts to read the software 1.1.1 from my harddrive it comes up with an unexpected error 5 and that's it. Tried a couple of times. Any clues anyone. I'd be quite happy to have my old jailbroken 1.1.1 version if I could just get back to 1.1.1 firmware and start again. The Steve Jobs 1.1.2 Touch is very boring compared to my souped up 1.1.1 version I had.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Oh the joys of hacking

Please Register or Log in to view images

Ok Answer my own thread might help others. There are different versions of 1.1.1 Don't get the one that ends in 09 get the one that ends in 110a. Downloading it now. Wish me luck.
  2. Fatfrank

Fatfrank New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    good luck and keep us all advised if problems arise
  3. PCKid

PCKid New Member

Ok All went well and back where I was with a 1.1.1 Jailbroken Touch. I have to say, for me anyway, the ijailbreak worked best and smoothest. jailbreame gave me problems the first time I broke my Touch but the ijailbreak worked perfectly. For those who are interested the problems I experienced with jailbreakme were that apps would open and close immediately and I couldn't sftp into the Touch at all. I know a lot of people have had no problems with jailbreakme but if you had my problems redo it with ijailbreak. Since I have a Mac I will wait till there is a seemless jailbreak for version 1.1.2 Touches. Till then the advantages of 2 over 1 are so minor I don't really see the need to go through all that. Well back to putting all my lovely themes etc onto it. I have to say for 2 days I had a basic non broken Touch and boy does it look basic compared to a broken one. All power and thanks to these great programmers and hackers who have made this a much better product than Steve Jobs would want us to have.