Totally resetting IPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ibsriv, May 2, 2009.

1. ibsriv

ibsriv New Member

I'm new to the Touch and just bought a used G1. I loaded many games and music (mostly my own albums) and now have a mess: New music won't load (3.4 gig available) but games will, multiple album covers, compilations broken up by artist instead of a single album, etc.

I want to clear the IPod and reload it without doing a restore which I fear will just duplicate the problems.

How can I best do this and still re-install the games and music I've paid for?

1. Do I need to delete directories on my PC? If so, which ones?
    2. How do I make compilations show as a single album?
    3. Is there a way to correct album covers for the right album.

Any hints that will help me organize the IPod will be appreciated. I LOVE the IPod -- it's amazing!

Thanks

Steve
  2. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Restore is the best option it just puts the ipod back to Factory state. If you are not up to it delete everything off the touch and resync it.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    I would do a Restore.
  4. ibsriv

ibsriv New Member

Won't a restore just re-duplicate the problems I have now? What controls the way stuff is set up in the IPod? Does Apple control the setup, or do my PC directories do it? Could I delete the PC directories and pretend I'm a totally new user and reload the files I choose fromITunes?
  5. gammaraptor

gammaraptor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Restore...

Restore to your Original Firmware. Since the problems are software, if you revert to the original state, it should be fine. No Worries.
  6. 1YNQMWQVHZ

1YNQMWQVHZ Active Member

Yeah, restore will be the best thing to do.
  7. ibsriv

ibsriv New Member

Did a restore and the same problems appeared. Finally totally reset the IPod and then re-synched and is ok now. One of the problems was with compilations and multiple artists on same cd, even if checked compilation in info. Finally manually changed artist to "cast" and now all OK. Thanks for the help! This is a cool site.

Steve