Totally Noob at everything ^ ^

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by deej11, Oct 6, 2009.

1. deej11

deej11 New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Well hello to everyone in this forums!!

I'm deej!! aha! Anyway first of all I have a problem identifying which generation my Ipod touch is. Well if its a 2nd gen or 3rd gen actually. It was really recently bought for me by my uncle and the ipod I own other than that is the 2nd gen shuffle.

Anyway, I updated to 3.1.1 thinking that it was necessary for the ipod. I didn't know about jailbreaking etc. I asked a few friends and then I knew I'm an idiot. lol I need help jailbreaking but I don't know where to start. I appreciate your help, thanks!

Oh I want to add that I have a Windows XP OS.
  2. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if its 3g you cant jailbreak yet. if it's 2g ( if you have a mac) you can jailbreak using pwnage tool. To check what generation it is first if its 32gb or 64gb then hold down the home button to see if voice control pops up if it doesnt then you have 2g. if you have 8gb, well i dont really know. Sorry. hope i helped though
  3. deej11

deej11 New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Thanks for the reply! Anyway its an 8gb Ipod touch, so I can't try the "hold button". I hope my Ipod is 2ndgen then but another problem is I have a Windows XP OS.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. deej11

deej11 New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I recently found out that my Ipod Touch is actually 3rd Gen, so I'm waiting for a jailbreak for 3.1.1. Please close this thread thanks! I'll wait unitl Ipod Touch 3G can be jailbroken ^^
  5. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    When you first got it what firmware did it have?