totally lost :P someone help please :)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by xlRiot, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xlRiot

xlRiot Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    yea... the part when you use the ftp client... i put the IP address thats from my wi-fi settings (settings -> Wi-Fi) and for the username i put root and for password i put alpine. however when it tries to connect it stops and says "The connection failed due to an error or timeout" how do I fix it?

thanks
  2. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Make sure you are on port 22 and make sure you are using SFTP. Also, make sure you have openSSH installed and running on your ipod.
  3. weihbe

weihbe New Member

Make sure you don't have any ipod/itunes tools running in the background (ctrl+alt+delete).

Verify you are using correct port (22), and correct IP

Reboot Ipod and PC

Worked for me when I had problems.

Good luck
  4. xlRiot

xlRiot Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    thanks for the help! I'm actually gonna try ur tips tommorow because I'm at my cousins house typing this with my touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

anyways thanks again
  5. xlRiot

xlRiot Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I did all of those things and still nothing :S
  6. TheDragonJedi

TheDragonJedi New Member

Forgive me if I sound condescending. I'm assuming you have basic TCP/IP knowledge.

Are you using Touchfree to do your jailbreak? I ran into this problem the first time around. I had to Restore My ipod just once before it took.

You must first have a static IP address to do this, I say a static IP because there is no chance of your IP being RESET after power off during jailbreak if you are using DHCP.

Make sure your wireless router also states that your IPOD has a static address.

Near the end of the AutoJailbreak method using TouchFree you should be asked to input the IP address. Do this and If it is successfull you should be at your final 2 resets before you can use and FTP program to access your IPOD. Make sure you follow the FTP direction to a T. It's all very easy if you first take the time to familiarize yourself with the program.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.