Total noob question

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by DarkWish, Feb 1, 2009.

1. DarkWish

DarkWish New Member

Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but it's my first time jailbreaking. I managed to jailbreak my iPod (I think) and I connected it to iTunes. It's asking me if I want to set it up as a new iPod or restore from a backup of my iPod. If I restore from a backup, will that erase the jailbreak or something or is that what I'm supposed to do? I still want all my music, videos, apps, etc. on my iPod with the jailbreak, but I'm just not sure if I select restore with backup or have to go through the whole set up of a new iPod again. Sorry if this is a stupid question.
  2. iPodVisioN

iPodVisioN New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I didn't get what you were saying. Sync all your stuff and back it up. Follow a tutorial and then when jailbreak is done. You can sync it all back.
  3. DarkWish

DarkWish New Member

I did the jailbreak (the one using the .bat file), but now I'm connecting it to iTunes. Once I did, it says "An iPod has been previously synced with this computer" and has two options:

1. Set up as a new iPod
    2. Restore from the backup of *my name*'s iPod Touch

So if I want all my songs and everything back on my iPod, do I select the second option or do I select the first and go through the process of adding everything back to it?

EDIT: Okay, I waited a while and then just decided to pick the second option. iTunes is now stuck at "Restoring iPod from backup" and is taking FOREVER. I don't know why it's taking so long.