total noob question: installer?

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by erock, Apr 3, 2008.

1. erock

erock New Member

ok brand new to the whole jailbreaking thing and im wonderingif i should jailbreak my baby. i realised this is the best way but i have a question...does this have an installer for the cool games and apps?
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    However you jailbreak, you will get Installer, an application which will be your gateway to games and applications.

P.S. Welcome the the forums.
  3. life2monkeys

life2monkeys New Member

so using Pwnage is just like any other jailbreak its just more secure? i guess it does custom firmware or something? y is that better than just jailbreaking it? and 1 more thing, i watched a video for pwnage and the dude had all these firmwares already loaded into pwnage, how does that work? (dont have pwnage or iPod Touch, just doing my homework for when i get one

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Jak Fixem

Jak Fixem New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You have to jailbreak your iPod first. Using whatever meathod you like. Then you run the pwnage patching program( included when you download pwange) that patches the iPod. Allowing it to run unsigned software. Then you can do whatever you want to do with your iPod.

For the better than jailbreaking part, it can be (you mod the firmware, do whatever you want with it) but you have to have jailbroken the ipod for it to accept the patch the pwnage program puts on. (hope I'm making scence) also I apologize if my spellings bad)
  5. parker1494

parker1494 New Member

for the easiest way and a walkthrough pm super51fan