Total Noob at Jailbreaking. Please Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Kangroo, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Kangroo

Kangroo New Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Hey guys, I'm new to this, so please don't attack me for not knowing what to do.
    I have an iPod Touch 2G, with 2.2.1 Firmware (And I don't plan on updating to 3.0 anytime soon). I use Windows Vista 32-bit, and I use iTunes 8.2.
    I've read through the forums, and I'm completely confused now as to what I should use to jailbreak my iPod Touch. I've also read things about how iTunes 8.2 could mess with jailbreaking? But then there's also talk that you don't need to worry about iTunes 8.2, should you use "this program", or "that program". Honestly, I'm really confused. So here's what I need to know:

1. I have iTunes 8.2. Can I jailbreak my iPod Touch with iTunes 8.2, or do I have to uninstall, and install iTunes 8.1?

2. What program is best suitable for jailbreaking my iPod Touch easily, and is most safe?

3. Does the program have to require me to install LisUsb, because that almost gave me a heart attack when it disabled my usb ports...? If not, do I need to install anything else to jailbreak it with this such program?

4. When jailbreaking my iPod Touch, should I restore my iPod Touch first, before doing anything related to jailbreaking?

5. When jailbroken, can I still connect my iPod Touch to my computer/iTunes?

I am so sorry if these have been repeated, but I just got so confused by all of the various threads that said things that contradicted another person's thoughts on what to do, so please, answer these questions and help me out!
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Just get redsn0w 0.3?
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Just search up redsn0w 0.3

Couldn't you have searched? you would have almost instantly come up with results.
  4. powerpup118

powerpup118 New Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Ok. No problem. And iTunes 8.2 is perfectly fine for jailbreaking.

Again, iTunes 8.2 is fine.

Look for Redsn0w 0.3 it will do it safely.

libUSB is un-required with Redsn0w 0.3

No restore is necessary before jailbreaking. But please do sync everything with iTunes before hand.

Yes, in fact it works just as well as before!

No problem, and I had the same issues when I first came on here.
    If you have any problems, or if you run into any trouble, be sure to send me a message on here, and I promise I can fix it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Have fun!