Total Newbie w/ a few questions for my new best friends! :)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iAmRy, Nov 30, 2009.

1. iAmRy

iAmRy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just got a 2g 8gb iPod touch (bought from friend of a friend). A few things I haven't been able to figure out. Any help from you all would be greatly appreciated!!

1) On the top, left-hand corner of the itouch, the previous owner personalized his screen with an expletive beginning with F. Get where I'm going with this? How do I remove said expletive? I'm heading out of town to visit friends...sure would like to show them pictures on my itouch without having to cover the F-bomb with my thumb!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2) Perfect segue into my next question: I saved big file photos sent to me by email into 'my photos' on my itouch. The jpegs, as I view them in my email, are clear. When I go to view them in 'my photos', they are blurry. What gives?

3) How do I delete vpods stored on the itouch?

4) The whole iTunes scene has been a mess. I registered for iTunes, synced my iTouch, and before I knew it...everything under the sun was being transferred onto my device! Not that there was anything that I wouldn't want my mother to see or anything.....

So...I thought it might just be my computer (PC) and brought my iTouch to a friend's house. He registered for iTunes, synced my device to his iTunes to his computer, and now I have all of his music. No offense to my homie...but this only makes me about 50% happy. Can I now go to my iTunes at my computer and sync any of my music? If so...how do I avoid syncing ALL of my music?

This should be enough for now. Heading out of the country on Sunday, so I'm really hoping to figure some of this out. Thanks very much, in advance, for any assistance you might lend me!!
  2. GeorgeJQ

GeorgeJQ Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1. do u mean on the statusbar? download makeitmine off cydia to change it
    2. try downloading them to ur computer and use itunes to sync them
    3. vpods?
    4. make playlists, and on ur ipod screen in itunes, go to the music tab and choose the playlist with the songs that u want. for apps and movies etc go to their respective tabs

3. iAmRy

iAmRy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks, George!

Took care of the F-bomb. Thanks for that!

Will try both recommendations for iTunes, and the vpods were referring to video podcasts stored on my device.

I really appreciate you taking the time, George!