Total cydia fix ipod touch 2g!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Heavy_Metal, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Heavy_Metal

Heavy_Metal New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I jailbroke my iPod Touch 2G with Redsn0w 0.7.2 and I did it a certain way I'll explain below.

Requirments: iPod Touch 2G (idk if it works with 1G or any iPhone),
    Redsn0w 0.7.2 Link.

1) Plug iPod into iTunes and let it sync and then let it restore and resync (DO IT!!!!).

2) Then open up Redsn0w program and find your IPSW and let it be varified. And click next.

3) VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! Check BOTH Cydia and Icy. And click next.

4) Then plug in iPod make sure iTunes doesn't do anything to it (cancel sync or backup) and then power your iPod all the way off.

5) VERY HARD!!!!! (You can click back if you screw-up) Follow the directions by the second and your iPod shou,d be put into DFU mode.

6) Let Redsn0w do its thing (if your iPod screen gets stuck on the part where it says "Downloading Jailbreak Data..." for more then 10 minutes pull the USB out and restore in iTunes, and redo up to this step).

7) VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! Once jailbroken turn on iPod and check for BOTH Icy and Cydia DON'T OPEN THEM!!!!!! DON'T DO ANYTHIUNG ON YOUR IPOD AT ALL!!!!!

8) Then plug in iPod make sure iTunes doesn't do anything to it (cancel sync or backup) and then start Redsn0w program up againand do step 2 over again.

9) VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! ONLY check Cydia this time NO Icy. Click next.

10) Then repeat steps 4-6.

11) Once done DON'T open Cydia or Icy set set up iPod do anything else play an app I don't care just don't open up Cydia or Icy!!!

12) After that open Cydia first and let it reorganize and upgrade and it should work. Then do the same thing to Icy.

DONE!!!!

On my iPod I got more apps working just by doing that!!!!

HAVE FUN!!!!!!

CAN'T HOLD ME RESPONSIBLE FOR SCREW-UP SO DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU CAN'T FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!!!!!​
  2. pesmaniac

pesmaniac New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks man..i tried it but it aint workin..cydia still crashes..should i have wifi before openin cydia after followin al ur instructins.?? (coz last time i opened it..cydia was updatin the software)
  3. Heavy_Metal

Heavy_Metal New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    umm make sure u have wifi be4 u open cydia tell me exactly wat happened when it screwed up
  4. jaws125

jaws125 New Member

ok, im considering doing this. but i have a couple of questions first.
    1. will i have icy after i do it and if not is there anyway i can get it back?
    2. will the keyboard themes and springboard backgrounds still work?
    3. will i be able to install apps, updates and springboard themes etc. again after doing this?
    sorry if those were dumb questions, im kind of a noob at this.
  5. pesmaniac

pesmaniac New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    cydia opens and gets updated..then when exit the app & restart it,and go 2 MANAGE,cydia crashes and comes back to springboard..!! plz tell me wat 2 do..? i restored with 3.0 firmware and followed ur inst. but cydia keeps crashin..