Total commander help please.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pimbo, Jul 31, 2008.

1. pimbo

pimbo Member

Hello i want to put SMB(cracked) on my iPod but in a video i have to SSH in the iPod and right click on the folder and then take propertis but I use TC via USB cable cause i don't have WIFI but in total commander i don't know how i an open propertis for a folder and change a number.
  2. touchfever

touchfever New Member

im not to sure about total commander:/
    just use cuteFTP its MUCH easier:]
    AND also what are you using mac or pc?
  3. ThunderBull4

ThunderBull4 New Member

Yea a lot of it depends on whether your using a mac or pc.
  4. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well usually you assume their using Windows and continue to answer their question.

So if you are using Windows, set up an Ad-Hoc network and connect to it from your iPod. I'm not currently using my Windows laptop, so I can't give you step by step instructions. It's not exactly self-explanatory, but you can find easy tutorials anywhere (particularly this website). If you're on Mac just go to Network in Preferences, click AirPort, and then in the drop-down box click Create New.

Then use WinSCP (still assuming you're using Windows). If you're using Mac, Cyberduck won't cut it to set permissions. Not sure which FTP program would include this, but you might look at CuteFTP Pro.

And of course, when you navigate to your apps change the folder permissions to 755 (recursively).

Hope this helps!

Lensflare
  5. Fehr

Fehr New Member

This thread will be closed soon. Whether or not you get an infraction due to posting or not posting links, this forum is not for discussing cracked apps.
  6. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes, but I post not to condone stealing, but to help users use SSH in legal ways (although that is borderline oxymoron).

So thread starters, simply ask for a solution to changing file properties via SSH without WiFi.