Total Beginner Needs Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by GreatBallsO'FIRE, Jan 18, 2008.

1. GreatBallsO'FIRE

GreatBallsO'FIRE New Member

Hello, I have been looking around this site for a few hours, and have decided its time to get active

so I got my Ipod Touch for christmas, and so far i am loving it.
    but there is just one problem...I WANT IT ALL!

First off, i dont want to do anything before i am assured that it is safe...i dont mind reseting if worst comes to worst...as long as i wont lose my music. If someone could assure me of this, it would be much appreciated.

Next, what do i need to do, and can i do it. I am not fully familiar will all the lingo, but i can find my way around a computer. So basically, whats everything a Noob has to do to jailbreak my Ipod.

one problem that may arrise is that the other night i updated my ipod software version. How big of a problemis this?

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated!

Edit: i dont know if this changes anything, but i dont have a main computer for this ipod...and all the computers i have access to are PC's
  2. Acerei

Acerei New Member

Lets start from ground zero. Considering you just said that you updated to the new version, I will assume that you are in 1.1.3. To jailbreak, you need to start off in 1.1.1. Go to the TEMPORARY FORUM FOR 1.1.3 FIRMWARE UPDATE (top forum) and in there, you should see a thread on how to downgrade your firmware...
    Once you get that done, there is another jailbreak tutorial thread... if you like videos, go to YouTube, and find the user ipodtouchmaster he has great tutorial videos that you can watch on how to do basically anything....

Good Luck.

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: You will lose your music when changing firmware's... But if you have it in iTunes, just re-sync
  3. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    if you reset you will loose the music, but it will still be in itunes. But it would be fine and wont break the ipod... so far as we know.
    so u are on 1.1.3, follow this guide to get to 1.1.1:
    http://www.tuaw.com/2008/01/16/downgrading-your-1-1-3-iphone-or-ipod-touch/

jailbreak 1.1.1 by going to jailbreakme.com on ipod touch safari. Then Figure out what apps u want. I reccomend adding modmyifone.com/installer.xml and getting bosstools so u can move the apps folder. But you can figure out what you want whenever.

Good luck, and have fun hacking!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. GreatBallsO'FIRE

GreatBallsO'FIRE New Member

The instructions on the link given appear to me as being very vague...where can i get "iphuc"? and will all of this work with a pc, or do i have to find a mac?
    also, is it possable to back up all of my music?
  5. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Google is your friend.