iOS 3.1 Top 25, Recently Added, and Recently Played playlists on ipod all wrong! why?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by tripdastati0n, Nov 5, 2009.

1. tripdastati0n

tripdastati0n Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    since i upgraded the Top 25, Recently Added, and Recently Played on my ipod there are just a bunch of random songs. they are all correct on my itunes and ive tried a few things and nothing i have done works. Is there anything I can do to make all these playlist accurate in my ipod as well?
  2. Thomas-J

Thomas-J New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Don't worry, you're not the only one. It's happened to a lot of people, and Apple still hasn't fixed this yet.
  3. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    right click on the "top 25 songs" and go to "edit smart playlist", then add in another field and select "play count", "is greater", "0". Also make sure its set to "most played often on the bottom. this fixed my issues with my playlist.
  4. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^^^it still doesnt work
    i had teh same problem some one tell me if theres a fix thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. alexb78

alexb78 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, edit your smart playlists and enable the "maximal" option. Then set the amount to 999 (whatever) objects and choose a sort setting (e.g. album for recently added playlist). After sync your playlists should be sorted.. -alex
  6. xxkunxx

xxkunxx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had this problem when I got my new ipod and found a fix on the apple forums.
    Uhm, in your itunes library, click on the playlist ( example : Top 25 Most Played ) then go to file ( top left ) > get info > then press the + button and add a new one that is
    Playlist ... is ... Music
    and press ok. Should be fine after that.
    Note : you need to add Playlist ... is ... Music to all the playlist that are messed up then sync and they should be fine.

That's what worked for me anyways. Hope it works.

Sorry if it's not very clear. Hope you can still understand it though.
  7. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Like our threadstarter, my problem is also regarding the messed-up playlists in the touch when everything is in its correct order in iTunes...

Anyway, thanks for the tips, guys... I'm giving your methods a shot now and hope that things will turn up fine on the iPod after I do the sync...

------------------double post merged------------------
    Hey mates, I just did a sync and you are right, xxkunxx, your method did help to rearrange my "Top 200" playlist into the correct order in the iPod...

However, how do I correct the same problem plaguing my other playlists, such as "Recently Added", "Recently Played", "My Top Rated", and even those genre-specific ones such as "Electronic" and "Game"?
  8. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i don't get wat you mean xxkunxx :S
  9. tripdastati0n

tripdastati0n Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    awsome thanks!
  10. crazypony

crazypony New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi, I'm new here so not sure if this is the right thread...I've got an ipod touch and on my old nano I had a recently added playlist which contained songs recently transferred to my ipod, not recently added to itunes....any way i can get that back???