toolchain for ios4

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by nestor89, Aug 15, 2010.

1. nestor89

nestor89 New Member

Hi,

how can i build a toolchain for ios4 under linux (preferred) or windows xp (less preferred)?

Regards,
    Nestor

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Communati0n

Communati0n New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    idk if you can. i cant find a stable toolchain for 3.1.2 even. and 4.0 hasnt been out for a very long time so u would prolly have to wait
  3. H2CO3

H2CO3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    But yes you can. The guys at http://iphonedevonlinux.googlecode.com/ have havked together a very nice toolchain. Essentially this is a bash script, which - provided you have the iOS firmware and SDK - builds the toolchain automatically. Unfortunately they forgot to do some patching on the toolchains sourcce code, so you have to do this (just add cstdlib, cstdio and climits to ld64's .hpp headers) or else it won't build. You also have to manually extract the SDK bundles from the official SDK dmg, because it also fails fr some reason.
    Be careful with the headers. As of iOS 4.0, they have a new Objective-C aspect included in them, that is cannot be recognized by iphone gcc. So you have to use the old headers from either SDK 3.1.2 or 3.1.3, but you can still compile against the 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 franeworks and libs (e. g. to get multitasking support).
  4. Datsafail

Datsafail Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Well, I host a repo and I have just the thing for you. Add the repo http://www.fhsjaagshs.com/ and get the Recommended Stuff package. It contains a scrip to be ran as root called toolchain, and you just answer yes and it installs the toolchain on your iDevice. It's good for making stuff on the go, better than having it on your computer.

If that doesn't work for some reason, get the Bigboss recommended tools and use installsdk3