Toolchain 2.0, help needed, specific.

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by RayDX, Feb 8, 2009.

1. RayDX

RayDX New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    So, basically I am not a Mac user (1% experience with a virtualized hackint0sh), unfortunately, I am "stuck" on Windows and Ubuntu, where on windows I mostly work on windows and directx applications and brainstorming simple bootloaders and kernels.

I really have the wish and especially the will to develop for the iPhone OS. I am not really interested in the SDK directly and earning money, I am would like to do it as a hobby and help other people (and myself) in the process. If someone can give me a few guidelines on using the Toochain 2.0 from Cydia or some other solutions for developement other than the one via a Mac.

For example, today I compiled a WindowApp and brought it to the springboard, even made a cute little default.png for the starting animation to like nice. It was supposed to output a window as far I have understood the tutorial, however, after the automated animation of the default.png, it just drops out (back to the springboard). So, I guess it didn't even initialize?

An answer to my question, a few guidelines and links is all I need. From what I've seen so far, you are an awesome community and I would sincerely like to contribute someday.

Thanks in advance guys.