Too many stories on the front page

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by H3X, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H3X

H3X New Member

There are too many threads on the front page. Finding a "funny" parody video on Youtube does not qualify for the front page, and neither does half of the other stuff. Try pushing out an article a day, maybe with a list of a couple things, other than 10 articles a day, 10 of which are completely worthless.

Sorry to you editors, but most of the stuff there isn't news, and if people wanted to see it, they would probably be visiting the forum anyway.
  2. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    i agree on the vid and some other content, but personaly i like more content on the frontpage
  3. ITBRTI

ITBRTI Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Agree, instead of posting 3 reviews a day, why not make a daily week roundup. (kinda like Engadget)
  4. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'd prefer that the reviews keep being shown on the front page as single app reviews, not a roundup. At the end of the week we can go and make a roundup for people that have missed it. Putting app reviews together in a roundup will NOT give them more attention, if anything it will lower their views dramatically. Nobody wants that. Engadget and othe websites aren't based on iPhones and iPod touchs. They're able to post so many things a day that they NEED to post a weekly roundup. We don't.

Also to th original poster, I agree somewhat. The iPod 3G unboxing wasn't too great of an idea, but right now the mods are doing a wonderful job with the frontpage. I believe, it's just studangerous, abcmsaj, and bgizzle doing the front page at the moment. Soon there should be some front page writers also (if I'm not mistake).

Everyones still getting used to it right now and with time, it will be much better
  5. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks for the feedback. All very useful info. The new front page is still in its infancy and needs a lot of fine tuning to ensure appropriate content and user friendliness. Please keep the feedback coming.
  6. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Sorry for the iPod video, thought it would be suitable because it's iPod 3G related and infact the only thing remotely to do with iPod Touch 3G on YouTube. But it's not news, and it should've just been a thread by itself in the respected section, I've take it down now.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming.
  7. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I liked that video on the front page, showed that this site can have a laugh

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah, I liked it too...

But still, I like how many stories are on the front page. If I want the most recent info, I just look there...
  9. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    +1. Agreed.
  10. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Mixed opinions then
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.