[Tons Of Questions]

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Spreche, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Spreche

Spreche Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I am working on a project and have a few questions.

Tables:
    I have one table already made. I need to find out how to go onto a different table when one of the rows of the table is clicked. Like when you're using the Photos App it displays all Albums in rows and when clicked on it displays the pictures. But what I need is to click on one row and it leads to another table. Like a subtable.

Button Bars/Tab Bars:
    I need to know how I can create buttons on the bar. I'm not looking for navigation bar buttons, but like the buttons in the iPod or YouTube Apps. I've heard that this is very difficult. If there are any tutorials it would be greatly appreciated. Customizing the button bar would be very difficult I'm assuming.

Reading Data:
    How can you set up a file so that when a code is executed it reads it and displays it in a certain way. Would I use an XML file? By all this I mean like taking an XML file, then the code reads it and displays it like when you look at someone's contact info.

Here is what my application looks like so far.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

as for reading the data, i would recommend NSUserDefaults; its the built in settings option for apps.
  3. stratocaster2006

stratocaster2006 New Member

Spreche, you can study the code of MobileCast (available on GoogleCode). We use tables and custom buttons on a buttonbar. No tutorial, you will need to analyse yourself. The effort spent will allow you better understanding of the coding for iPhone/Touch.

http://mobilecast.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
  4. Spreche

Spreche Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I looked through some of the source files. Perticularly at the MobileCastController.m for the GUI and I tried using the UISegmentedControl and UINavBarButton. Not really having much luck. I get this error:

Code:
    arm-apple-darwin9-gcc -c -I/var/include  main.m -o main.o
    arm-apple-darwin9-gcc -c -I/var/include  iShop.m -o iShop.o
    In file included from /var/include/UIKit/UIPushButton.h:7,
                     from /var/include/UIKit/UIThreePartButton.h:7,
                     from /var/include/UIKit/UINavBarButton.h:7,
                     from iShop.h:1,
                     from iShop.m:1:
    /var/include/UIKit/CDStructures.h:37: error: field '_field2' has incomplete type
    /var/include/UIKit/CDStructures.h:120: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'SEL'
    /var/include/UIKit/CDStructures.h:134: error: field '_field1' has incomplete type
    /var/include/UIKit/CDStructures.h:135: error: field '_field2' has incomplete type
    /var/include/UIKit/CDStructures.h:136: error: field '_field3' has incomplete type
    /var/include/UIKit/CDStructures.h:137: error: field '_field4' has incomplete type
    /var/include/UIKit/CDStructures.h:138: error: field '_field5' has incomplete type
    /var/include/UIKit/CDStructures.h:148: error: field 'left' has incomplete type
    /var/include/UIKit/CDStructures.h:149: error: field 'middle' has incomplete type
    /var/include/UIKit/CDStructures.h:150: error: field 'right' has incomplete type
    /var/include/UIKit/CDStructures.h:168: error: field '_field1' has incomplete type
    /var/include/UIKit/CDStructures.h:169: error: field '_field2' has incomplete type
    /var/include/UIKit/CDStructures.h:170: error: field '_field3' has incomplete type
    /var/include/UIKit/CDStructures.h:173: error: field '_field1' has incomplete type
    /var/include/UIKit/CDStructures.h:174: error: field '_field2' has incomplete type
    /var/include/UIKit/CDStructures.h:175: error: field '_field3' has incomplete type
    /var/include/UIKit/CDStructures.h:200: error: field '_field5' has incomplete type
    make: *** [iShop.o] Error 1

I looked at a bunch of others in search for switching the table views and I'm having some trouble finding it. I'll keep looking and see if I can find it.

Also with the NSUserDefault I looked at the header file. I'm gonna need to get a bit more understanding of arrays and strings and how to create them.