Today I used the iPad for the first time..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JacobVengeance, Oct 27, 2010.

1. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Okay today I was with my fiancee and we decided to stop by best buy and mess with some demo units. Though this is the first time they had an iPad out.

I have some questions about it..
    1) Battery life, how is it on 3.2.2 and 4.2 betas? I would be using it for web browsing and ebooks if that helps.

2) I first thought wow, that is light when I picked it up. Is it easy to carry around with you to places?

3) Is there anywhere I can find cheap refurbished (wifi only) models?

Oh and I noticed that BestBuy blocks greenpois0n.com lol
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

1) I haven't done any test so I don't have any specific numbers nor am I on any of the betas, but I can say that the battery life is amazing. That is the one thing that I absolutely love about my iPad.

2) It's easy to carry around, I just put it in a leather case and throw it in my school bag.

3) I believe Apple is selling refurbished iPads. I'm not completely sure, but I remember seeing that somewhere. Or you can just check on craigslist or something for a used one, if you don't mind that.
  3. mkm159

mkm159 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
  4. Acdc695969

Acdc695969 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    1. Haven't reel tested the battery but it lasts me about 2 or 3 days of heavy use. I use it about 6hours a day between class and jus surfing the web at home and can't forget angry birds lol
    2. It's very easy to carry it around places,I leave it in my backpack and don't even know that it's there.
    I actually went to a best buy two weeks before I bought one and the first thing I noticed on it was cydia, I thought it was funny haha
  5. BriZNiZ

BriZNiZ Member

Device:
    iPad
    It's about 10 hours... In some cases it could last longer and in others, like if you're watching a lot of movies/videos it might drain a little faster. I just carry it like a book if I ever take it anywhere.
  6. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    1. About 10-12 hours. I used to use it from about 10AM to 10PM-12PM, with the betas it's about the same
    2. It's not really light, but you get used to it. It's easy to carry around...
    3. Don't know about that. But it can't be much cheaper if it's 2nd hand...
  7. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    1. Battery life is amazing. I literally only charge it about once a week. I use it fairly heavy throughout the day by browsing the web and listening to music and playing fieldrunners.

2. It is extremely light. I bought candy shell case (absolutely great case, check it out) and a screen protector and just throw it in my back back with my MacBook and some books and it's ok. Though even just carrying it around in your hand it is still like carry a small sized hardbacked book.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. The apple store has a site for refurbished iPads.. They are $50 less than the brand new ones. Though the are basically the same as they change the housing and screens. Another good place to look may be on craigslist.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hope this helped!!
  8. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Thanks everyone that answered. I have looked on craigslist since I have been selling a lot of my computers and stuff, but it looks like no one has any around here that they are willing to sell. I was hoping to get it and carry it around in a netbook case, which it should fit along with my iPod and other accessories.

I will continue looking, but it looks like I am going to have to go with a netbook.
  9. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    What a near coincidence, I was a Best Buy a few days ago with my mother, and it was then where I found out that Best Buy had out demo units. It was weird, because Best Buy never used to have demo iPads.

1. The battery life is pretty great, I was actually surprised as hell, it lasts pretty long.

2. It's a bit easy, but I'd carry it in a backpack, briefcase, or some little portable accessory. It's a pretty good idea to get the Apple case as well, it elevates the device for typing or makes it a nice picture frame. It's nice.

3. In stores, I doubt it.
  10. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Well it does about 15 hours of video for me with the brightness @ minimum.