To wait or not to wait???

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by J911, Oct 17, 2007.

1. J911

J911 New Member

I'm in the U.K and was wondering what you all thought about the thought of these soon to be realesed ( Feb next year ) 3rd party apps. Would you A. Wait for them and I guess pay for them when they come out? B. Hack the Ipod touch and worry about the new apps if they appear when they do.

Also do you think that I would be able to hack the Ipod now and revert back when these apps come out and decide to hack once again or use these new apps?

Sorry 1 more question... If I did hack the Ipod I would use the Map feature alot, I was wondering if it is a U.S based map app, what I mean is does it work like google earth, where it sets you to your home country. So I.E I live in London and I dont want it to open up everytime on Texas for instance. Or does it start up where you last looked on the map?

Thanks in advance.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. XouTUbe

XouTUbe New Member

yeah I'm German, at my iPod it started at the last location

I wouldn't wait

P.S.: London is great!
  3. TheRays

TheRays New Member

Im from the UK and have a fully jailbroken iPod with the iPhone apps and the maps application works ace! Good Luck.
  4. J911

J911 New Member

Thanks guys, will look at customising some icon's and wallpapers over the next few days and then hacking the ipod!!! Thanks for the quick response.
  5. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

Easy to do, when the official third party applications come out (from what Steve Jobs had said) just restore it back by iTunes.

The map works anywhere worldwide, it loads up where you last looked at. Also I found today that when your Wi-Fi isn't on, the map is still remembered up to about a mile radius or something.
  6. dbusack

dbusack New Member

I'd say wait. I just got the iPod classic, and I like it so far (although I have to get it replaced because of hard drive issues). I think I'm going to wait until the iPod touch or iPhone comes in larger capacities like 32GB because my library is pretty big, and I like skipping around for fresh tracks on random play. But that's only from a storage standpoint, really. If you don't need the storage, I'd say hack it and enjoy your apps.
  7. szeltman6311

szeltman6311 New Member

I am not going to wait to hack my touch. Restoring is easy enough and I can't wait. I think I might hack it over the weekend...