To Upgrade or Not To Upgrade, Thats the Bloody Question Ain't It?

Discussion in 'iPod classic, nano, etc.' started by Complexis, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just wanted to get an idea for all of you guys who own a 5.5G iPod or a 5G iPod, do you guys truly think its worth it to upgrade? Sure theres more space and all, but is there really a necessity for you to have all that space?
  2. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    No , you shouldn't upgrade. You can do so much more with the 5 / 5.5g . IPodlinux/rockbox/ipodwizard etc. You can play gba and NES with ipl also. You may have less space..but you can mod/hack your older ipod. Besides the classic's firmware is encrypted.
  3. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I Would because if you keep the old one you can still have good old rock box but who will need it now that vids can go on every ipod
  4. KEVB

KEVB New Member

The only real reason would be the need for 160GB's of space. Aside from storage, it really doesn't offer anything special, in fact, less.

I bought the Classic because I wanted the storage and video ability over my old 2GB Nano(video through ipodlinux is more of a novelty), and didn't have an iPod Video. If I were you and had a 5/5.5G ipod, I'd wait one more generation and see what happens.
  5. full1

full1 New Member

thats Kool