to those that own the dlo hip case:

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by emeralds, Dec 24, 2009.

1. emeralds

emeralds New Member

anyone figure out a way to remove the belt clip?

i purchased one even reading the unfortunate fact that it was not designed to be removed. i just planned to essentially snap it off. seeing the little metal circle underneath it and bending it back and getting my finger all the way down the slit (sorry for that stream of words) i can see that's where it connects. i know i could just cut it off from the top though i'll probably need to borrow some stronger scissors, but it's still going to have that little lump in the middle. i'm just wondering exactly what that circle is called and if i can't have it brought to maybe something like a shoe cobbler who has a tool to pop that out. i'm not concerned with having a little scar on the case, just want it as slim as possible.
  2. emeralds

emeralds New Member

where the handymen @
  3. emeralds

emeralds New Member

joke posts encouraged
  4. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I own this case and know what you mean - mine is kinda old now (2 years) and the clip starts to disassemble itself

Please Register or Log in to view images

I can see that it is taped inside the case - if you want to remove it the best way to do it would be to cut it off using a knife or scissors. leave the metal circle as it is and don't care about it - if you try to remove the belt clip from scratch then you'll destroy the case

Please Register or Log in to view images