To those questioning the iPod Touch 3G

Discussion in 'September 9, 2009 Event' started by Renegade, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well, Today was a big day for Apple. As most of you know, Today is 9/9/09 which is the date that Apple has held their Media Event. A main part of the event was the unveiling of the new line of iPods. Considering were here at iPod Touch Fans, That's a big deal to us. The event introduced many new things that have many people talking. Both satisfying and upsetting people. One reason is because of the new iPod Touch.

The new iPod Touch brings many new features. For one, Its pricing has been lowered along with an upgrade to its memory. Now bringing a 64GB version.

8GB = $199
    32GB = $299
    64GB = $399​

Another new feature the 3rd Generation iPod Touch brings is its Voice capabilities. With the 32GB and 64GB iPod Touch, You are able to use Voice Command and the Voice Memos application, Just like on the iPhone 3GS. Speaking of the iPhone 3GS, The iPod Touch is now getting faster processing. It will now be just as fast as the iPhone 3GS and will support OpenGL 2.0

The 3rd Generation iPod Touch is bringing a good amount of updates. Many of you are getting VERY upset about it though. It just doesn't meet your "Standards". Why is this? Most reasons are because the new 5th Gen iPod Nano includes a Camera and Mic. There is a VERY good reason the iPod Touch doesn't support a camera or mic! Here's why.

Around this time last year Apple released the second generation iPod Touch along with their other iPods, Including the iPod Nano. The iPod Touch had started to REALLY get popular then. Now, almost everyone has an iPod Touch. Most of them being Second Generation Models. So wheres the iPod Nano in this? Nowhere. The iPod Nano had been practically forgotten
    while the iPod Touch had been skyrocketing in sales.

So with this being said, I'd like you to take something into consideration. If you owned a company, wouldn't you want to do whats best for it?

Apple has "upgraded" the iPod Nano majorly to make sure what happened last year doesn't happen this year. With all these new features, The iPod Nano will again become wanted by everyone. Apple included all different types of features in the iPod Nano to make sure it wasn't forgotten about. The iPod Touch will always remain selling, The iPod Nano however was coming close to an end. They were in DEEP NEED of a huge update for the nano. This was it.

To sum it all up. The iPod Touch didn't need an update. The Nano was close to an end and needed one. Just because it didn't get what you wanted this update, Doesn't mean it won't in the future. You all need to think this through. Why Apple has done this. There is a reason.
  2. SuperNova

SuperNova Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i ned a confirmation.. will the 8GB be faster? or not

and... is voice control in a firmware update?
  3. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lies, they already said that the nano was the most in sales with 100 million, why would they need to save it if it was already doing great? and the iPod touch 3G was a let down and a complete utterly disgusting piece of s***. they didnt do anything except update the firmware and drop the prices.
  4. chinook

chinook New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This should be stickied. Maybe it'll quiet down a few whiners.

The 8 gig model gets the speed upgrades and stuff as well right?
  5. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I agree completely to be honest, ipod touch does have lots of hype, AND it has gone way up in sales. I remember last year when i first got my touch around november, i never really saw one at school (maybe 1-2, 5 tops), it was always a nano, or a previous gen nano.... Now its all ipod touch's... Also, somehow iphone count has gone up too, don't really get this, since its one of the expensive phones... and were apparently in an economic crisis... 0.o.
    ------------------double post merged------------------

False, updated the internal components, and more memory, maybe if they called it the "iPod touch 2GS" people would get a bit more brain power lol..

P.s. Exact same thing they did the 3GS, all internal updates, none outside, looks exactly the same as the 3G, except that its faster.
  6. chinook

chinook New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Also, maybe add that an iPod touch at $199 with a camera, mic, and GPS would hurt the sales of the iPhone as well.
  7. hooger

hooger Banned

How is it a let down when the features you were looking for weren't confirmed?
  8. The_Pirate

The_Pirate Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i am still getting the 64gb on;y 274 euros

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    there was no questioning that there wasnt going to be a camera with the prototype that was found with the camera on it, and also the countless websites that had cases with a camera hole on theback
  10. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Most likely overall. The nano has also been out much longer than the iPod Touch. In my post, I was speaking mostly about this recent "Semester" of sales. Within these past couple of months the differences in the iPod Touch and the iPod Nano sales have been COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

Now, You say the iPod Touch was a let down. Why is that, Because it doesn't offer what most people wanted it to? (A camera/Mic)

The iPod 3G is also towards new users and older ones. Older ones with the iPod 1G that want to update and newer ones that don't have iPods. I understand why your upset, but you really shouldn't be.

There are reasons that Apple has updated the iPod Touch with what it has. You don't think that they have thought people would be pissed? They have. At some point, the workers at Apple have had a meeting. They have discussed this very thing. There IS a reason why they have updated the iPod Touch like this.