To The Mods...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by rmccallum3, Jan 23, 2008.

1. rmccallum3

rmccallum3 New Member

First off I apologize for adding to the problem however I figure this is the best place for my rant to get noticed.

Secondly, what in the world has happened to this forum as of late? I've been around since the iPod Touch was released and have pretty much kept my mouth shut. However, this place is turning into a complete mess. Why aren't the mods keeping track of all these mindless and utterly stupid "OMGZ the 1.1.3 jailbreak is out" posts. Block the people who continually abuse this forum.

While I don't want to speak for other longtime members I think they would agree that something has to be done so this forum can go back to being a resourceful, helpful, courteous, and great place to find out anything about the iPod Touch.

End rant. I look forward to all the flamers...

...Please God, someone fix this.
  2. Tokenfreak

Tokenfreak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I couldn't agree more just look at what happened to the topic I created....
  3. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    man i agree. this is gone too far. i think this entire temporary thread needs to go. the 1.1.3 jb can go in the jb thread. its just absurd.
  4. roninx

roninx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yeah, agreed some dumb a-hole started a thread that became popular and started talking about blowjobs. his name is "ookkaaayy" or something. i mean what the hell, is no one keeping track of this sh*t?
  5. rmccallum3

rmccallum3 New Member

Like honestly if the mods aren't going to do their jobs give me the opprotunity to be a mod. Stuff, like tonight should never happen again. It seriously makes me sick.
  6. iatealitlebabie

iatealitlebabie New Member

I ALSO said this a couple days ago, and ole' bgizzle came in running his 1st amendment mouth about how I need to search. When my rant was like yours and he TOTALLY missed the point of the rant. It was about how you can't find anything anymore because of the lack of moderation by the mods. But instead stead I recieve a warning for calling him an a$$clown, but that is neither here nor there. I am with you 100% on this one. I got my ipod like a month and a half before i even registered just because I PERSONALLY don't start posting until I have a feel for the forum. And when I did start posting the forum went to Poooo after Christmas with the exact problems I and you both are talking about...

maybe ole' you know who will come in here and show you the video on how to search. so you can search for other people complaining about the same thing.
  7. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    As hard working and devoted as the mods are, they can't be everywhere and they have lives outside of the forum. At some point, members of the community need to take the responsibility to help people out and to ignore the stupid threads. If nobody posts in them, they'll just get filtered due to the number of new threads that are created.

@Steve_Jobs: That is uncalled for. There are younger kids that go to the forum, and they shouldn't be exposed to that type of language.
  8. rmccallum3

rmccallum3 New Member

Well even if that is the case and he decides to close the thread at least my voice was heard. Another point, I find it almost dicouraging to newer members to automatically flame them and say use the search button. Yeah it's a great tip. I get it. Why not post a sticky of forum rules? Mind you not everyone will read them, but hey it's a start.
  9. iatealitlebabie

iatealitlebabie New Member

Agreed! But, if they cannot handle the responsibility they need to take on some more help from people like you mr 2000+ posts

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: There is a sticky of the forum rules.
  10. dfwmusicman

dfwmusicman New Member

I realize that I'm new here and am among the dwindiling few over the age of 18, but the level of crap that is being allowed with all sorts of vulgar references and the like is a little disappointing. I suppose if the mods don't mind the forum being overrun by the 17 and under crowd, that's their choice, but the juvenile tone that permeates this forum is disappointing. The thing is, there is occassionaly some really good information shared on the forums, but it's often overwhelmed by all the ground clutter from the kids who apparently have nothing better to do.