To sell or not to sell?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Xii, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I originally made a custom PC for gaming. I also have a current generation MacBook Pro. Lately I have found that I rarely game on my PC and prefer to use a Xbox360/PS3. So basically I use this obtrusive and heavy gaming PC for web browsing, mail and simple college assignments - very light work and nothing my current MacBook Pro couldn't handle. It seems like a waste to continue using it if I'm no longer planning on doing anything intensive on my PC.

So it boils down to this. Should I sell my custom rig and just conform to using my Macbook Pro? Maybe just even buy an external monitor to use along with it?

In case you're wondering about the specifications:

Case - Antec 900
    Processor - Intel Core i7 860 Processor 2.80 GHz
    Graphics - MSI GeForce 9600 GT 1GB (I assume it's extremely old by today's standards?

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
    Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-P55 - UD4P
    RAM - CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB @ 1333MHz
    Power Supply - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
    Hard Disks - Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB and Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That's a great computer, IMO.
    Pretty new, by my standards (excluding the graphics card, but oh well), too.

Personally, I'd keep it.
    You never know when or if you'll need that computer one day.

Keep it for a few more years and see how things go.
  3. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I agree, it's really nice overall. You can probably expect your xBox to red ring eventually, and then you can either go back to PC gaming or sell that to buy another xbox. I would keep it, personally, but I game primarily on PC so I'm a bit biased. and jealous. lol
  4. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks for the input guys.

@sageDieu Personally I don't enjoy PC gaming as much as on an Xbox or PS3 anymore. I actually haven't played a single game on it since December of last year; it seems like my PC game tastes have staled. Lol, I love to waste my $$.

@Bubalooshi Yes it's a great computer but I feel like it's being underused. I spent around $1,200 because I felt I would use it to it's full potential but instead the most intensive task I have done is some light Photoshop and Youtube.

I'm still undecided but I haven't found any benefits over keeping this PC that my MacBook Pro 13" wouldn't be able to handle. I know this isn't the forum for this but I would be happy to hear any potential offers.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Like I said, keep it just in case you'll need it one day.
    I find it useful to have a spare computer sometimes.