To replace your 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Achy9, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    So I've had an iPhone 3G for a little bit under a year, so it's still covered with a warranty.

I went to Apple yesterday to ask them if I could get a brand new one, since there was a dead pixel on my phone. They gave me an appointment, and told me that if it's not a water damage, they will give me a brand new one.

Well, to my luck..the dead pixel seems to be gone. It had been there for a while and all of a sudden it's gone.

My appointment for it is tomorrow at 6:45..and I would really like to get a brand new one..but I don't know what to tell them.

I can always tell them the battery is screwed up which it is, but I'm sure they'd just offer to replace it which I'd have to pay for.

I want to come up with a lie or a truth to make them replace it instantly.

Any help?
  2. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    do what i did to get a brand new iphone 3g (for no particular reason, other than i wanted a new one).

Tell them it constantly crashes for no apparent reason. If they ask where, make sure you tell them it crashes everywhere including the home screen. worked like a charm.
  3. bound_by_da_key

bound_by_da_key New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, has it been water damaged???
    Ssh your IPhone, and delete every single file. They might fix it, or give you a brand new one, depends on the guy who is fixing it, lazy or not.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol maybe you could ask politely and see if the guys nice enough to replace it?

Please Register or Log in to view images

or you could tell them its constantly crashing like the other person said
  5. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    No water damage. It was a dead pixel I am sure, but it went away (this has happened before too).

What would deleting everything through SSH'ing do? That would f*** up the phone, and it would suck if they refuse to replace it. Probably nothing restoring won't fix but still..
  6. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Make sure to tell them that you never had these problems with your Blackberry. They hate that.
  7. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

I second that.

Or yeah, SSH into your phone and delete everything in the root folder. then reboot.
  8. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Wouldn't they just restore the phone for me if I do that? Or is that too much work for them?

I have another question. I don't have at&t anymore, though I have the sim card I activated the phone with. Would that be an issue?
  9. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I think it was a stuck pixel, not a dead one.
    So if there is no problem any more, why should you get one? Your trying to find a way to get a new one through scamming, when your current one works fine, you dont deserve a new one.
  10. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you would have read my first post, then you would've known that there are problems with it.
    The battery dies in 2 hrs whether I use the phone or not. Asides from that, a couple of applications crash, but no biggie.
    And instead of being rude in someone's thread, you should shut the hell up. No one asked for your unhelpful opinion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.