to jailbreak or not to jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by jaimsdan121, Jul 5, 2008.

1. jaimsdan121

jaimsdan121 New Member

I'm new to the itouch and I've really researched it. I've heard a lot of people saying it screwed up their ipod, And that it voids your warranty. But I've also heard the people saying that it is the greatest thing and can't imagine their ipod without the jailbreak, and that all the people saying it screwed up their ipods are lying. I'm a risk taker, but i don't wanna kill my baby.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm not sure what to do on this one. I've heard so much on both sides and I wonder if its worth it.
    Also if I have 1.1.4. don't I have the same apps as the iphone? That has always confused me.....

)
  2. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

do it if anything ever goes wrong(which it souldnt) u can resotre and your "baby" will b back to normal. trust me tho it is definitely worth it
  3. jaimsdan121

jaimsdan121 New Member

thanks for your opinion... and i forgot to mention that i've tried to restore my ipod but it had to download an update before it could restore and the update would not fully download. I even called Apple to see if they could help. I was on the phone with them for 2 hours and they could not fix it.
  4. Arimus

Arimus New Member

If you can't reliably re-download the restore image from Apple I'd probably give jailbreaking a miss until you can....

If you brick your device (and its easy to do if you like fiddling

) then you'll need to enter DFU to recover it - which means downloading the firmware image from Apple.