to jailbreak or not to jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by adli, Apr 30, 2008.

1. adli

adli New Member

My iPod touch had a 1.1.3 firmware which was already jailbroken.then suddenly everything went wrong.the screen was showing a white screen and multi color lines.also sometimes I wake the touch from sleep by pushing the home or power button the screen doesn't respond and stays black. Nw I've restored to 1.1.4 and am confused to jailbreak or my to jailbreak.I'm scared my iPod will messed up again. Do you guys think I should jailbreak my iPod again?
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

yes
    ilibery+

45 seconds long and then your done
  3. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I agree, iliberty+ is very good, and it downgrading your bootloader is temporary.
  4. Boss Kamikaze

Boss Kamikaze New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well i would say ziphone but its up to.

i purchased the app pack but i had to restore and they went later i found out it was because i created a new user account and the mobile applications was on my old before i found this i was considering jailbreaking but im not no because the only reason i would jailbreak is to get the iphone apps and the 1.1.4 wiggle features and web clips. so i say again its up to if you think its gunna harm ur ipod touch dont do it, but i would reccomend using ziphone 3.0 and watching ipodtouchmaster05, he has a new video on 1.1.4 automatic jailbreak with ziphone here the link to the video and the ziphone download.

1.1.4 ziphone jailbreak guide

Ziphone 3.0 download

hope this helps your predicament if it does +Rep please
  5. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yes, you should jailbreak it again. Use iLiberty+ though, I've heard of too many problems with Ziphone.
  6. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

If you have problems you can just restore from DFU mode and start again so there is no real reason not to. I did a clean install of 1.1.4 while on holiday in Switzerland around 3rd March and then jailbroke with Ziphone 2.6b and currently I am still using the same install - I have had no issues other then restoring the back ups of my 1.1.3 apps and settings when I first did it but these were answered with a few choice searches on this forum.

A clean restore will always solve all issues (hardware failure is very unlikely, most problems are software based and a clean install will solve them), the jailbreak will not make the OS more likely to crash unless you mess with the file system too much through SSH or other means. Search DFU for the best clean install method.
  7. murat19570

murat19570 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    no matter which method you will use , do it !! it´s much safer than you think . i have been on 1.1.1 for month until last month it crashed and since then i´m on 1.1.4 i even haven´t restored up to this date again.
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Just follow a guide so we don't have to fix all the problems you will have later if you don't!
  9. 1234567890123456789012345

1234567890123456789012345 New Member

Yes, jailbreaking is safe. If you're careful you will never have to restore. Heck, I've been using jailbroken 1.1.1 since December.
  10. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Follow the guide in my signature!