to jailbreak or not to jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by HeHateMe, Feb 21, 2008.

1. HeHateMe

HeHateMe New Member

hey everyone I just bought a new iPod touch last night(this is being written off of it ps). Now my question is, is it worth it to jail break the iPod? What extra features can you get? Does it void the warranty? I bought mine at costco so i think the whole warranty won't be a big deal. Anywho any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

if you want different apps like the ones that u see all over the forums then yes, jailbreak. if u don't need any different apps, then no, don't jailbreak. remember that the sdk is coming out soon, and if u don't know how or are unsure of jailbreaking, then u can always wait till it comes out
    it voids the warranty if it is jailbroken. restore it and the warranty is back

i would say jailbreak it if u know how, but wait till sdk if are unsure
  3. iPodTouch808

iPodTouch808 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    welcome to the forums

what size ipod did you get 8, 16, or 32 and for me jailbreak is worth it and it does void the warranty so do it at your own risk and follow directions when doing the jailbreak especially 1.1.3 jailbreak since there are a couple of methods to do it and a lot of people have a lot of problems with 1.1.3 and can't solve it but if you just search around the forums you would solve that problem
  4. HeHateMe

HeHateMe New Member

I got the 8 gig ipod touch. Meh, I guess I'll wait a little longer for the SDK and if that isn't good, I suppose I'll look into the jailbreak. Because, like iPodTouch808, said, everywhere I've looked, it just says that there have been lot's of problems with jailbreaking the the 1.1.3 version.