to buy or not to buy

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pravesh12, Oct 22, 2009.

1. pravesh12

pravesh12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,yesterday i planned to buy a ipod touch 8gb in a dutch store called media markt and the sale's man told me the screen is extremily sensitive he told me that when i drop it 1time the screen would break,and it can only take 40kg presure he told me to get a insurance for 40euro's they wil replace the ipod if it falls, for 3years the first time i get all my money back if they cant replace and the second time only 75% of it 3d time they dont give money back
    it sounded like a good deal but im a bit clumsy so i was wondering how i can protect a ipod touch screen so i can surive a fall from like 1meter,the sale's man told me screen protectors dont work that good and you need to be extremly carefull with it was this man telling the truth or tryin to get me to buy the insurance???

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. MrDodi

MrDodi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    to buy!

He lies . offcurse you shouldnt smash your iptouch , but , if it falls by accident it will survive without a broke screen..
    its a well made ipod like every apple product you dont need a insurance.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Misk

Misk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    mediamarkt is a big profit organisation (they arnt crazy themselves, like they tell us in their promotions) ik ben toch niet gek?!
  4. thatcitysound

thatcitysound New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm a complete clutz and when it comes to my ipod i've dropped it over 500 times accidentally and it still works (the silver plate at the back is a little battered but what do you expect really), it should be fine (y). It sounds like he's just trying to get you to buy insurance.
  5. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    the only things to care about are the back: I've dropped my ipod several times too - 1meter, 1,50meters nothing happened - the worst that can happen (and that happened to a friend of mine) is that it gets smahshed on some stone or metallic edges and then there'll be a crack in the screen - but otherwise: don't care about what the salesman tells you

Media Markt is just a f***ing company which wants to earn money out of everything- I know that (I'm from Germany) and it's often told that you shouldn't even buy at their markets...

greets
    ZhiZhi778