To break or not to break?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SitePlan, Oct 21, 2007.

1. SitePlan

SitePlan New Member

I just got an iTouch and I've been reading alot of cool things about jailbreaking but I also read alot of failed and sad stories about it. I'm a little afraid that I might crash my new $400 investment.

I also read somewhere that there might be some official third party applications coming out soon because apple has just released SDK to others. So, should I wait or should I jailbreak now?

Also, do I need .Net Framework 3.0 for jailbreaking?

thanks
    -Site
  2. whcodered

whcodered Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Give it a go. There are ways to recover your bricked iPod touch and make it seem like you never jailbroke it if you ever need to send it in to Apple.

The SDK is supposed to be released in Feb of 08.
  3. avaloncourt

avaloncourt New Member

There's been a lot of talk here about this, even today. I was in the same position as you. I bought the Touch with the explicit intent on jailbreaking it but I wasn't satisfied with the results I was seeing from posts. There was a lot of conflict about what works and what doesn't.

Then I saw Touchfree as an option and it was a very safe, clean break and it worked perfectly. I can't give the author enough applause and credit for doing a great job.

I went ahead and used it and now I'm so happy I did. No worry. No problems. I have the Touch I wanted.

You can read what has been said here:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4381

As for 3rd Party Apps coming from Apple... keep this in mind. From what I have read this will be an "approved" process. If you can pass Apple's muster you'll get on the approved list. You can be assured that Apple will only allow applications that are of their benefit or are, at best, neutral. They won't allow anything to be "approved" that go against anything they don't want the device to do.

If you go back to the announcement it says

So, that indicates there will be a method you have to overcome before your application is approved for use. There could be many things that Apple doesn't want done with the iPhone or Touch. They've caved to pressure about 3rd Party Applications but you can be sure they'll only let it go to a defined limit.
  4. photonut13

photonut13 New Member

I bought my touch not intending to jailbreak, but then ijailbreak for the the mac came out and well changed my mind. It went really smooth, no complaints.

Not posted from my iPod Touch.
  5. hurricane284

hurricane284 New Member

yeah i am definetely going to jailbreak my touch when i get it
  6. yonga

yonga New Member

Do it!
    It's the best thing that can happen to you and your Touch.
    It'll be a whole new relationship!

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. SitePlan

SitePlan New Member

oh man, looks like I'm going to break after watching a video on how to do it. it looks easy. i'll let you know how it goes. thanks.