TNT & Apple = Evil

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hazed, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Lol, okay Apple are awesome for releasing such a great device... but...

I've been tracking my delivery on the TNT website all day whilst at college, and I watched it (online) hit its final "out to delivery" destination Newcastle at 9.40am, at which point it was on it's way to my home...

Ofcourse, I wasn't in, but I expected they might give it to a neighbour like couriers usually do.

But nope, they sent it back to their "nearest" depot which is in Durham... A hefty 50 miles away from my home, and I don't drive... The reason?

Apple will not allow TNT to deliver the iPod Touch to anyone other than the intended recipient. That recipient also needs to provide photographic evidence, in the form of a drivers license, passport etc, to prove that they are the true intended recipient of the item as well as a signature...

So unfortunately, I now have to wait until Monday to get my iPod. (Which I am skipping college for, lol... Was only spose to be in for 2 hours anyway

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

/sigh
  2. Urbz

Urbz New Member

Apple is awsome... not ARE, IS!!!
    And I don't see how Apple making sure it's deliveries rightfully end up with their intended owners is a bad thing. Would you rather have had some jerk keep it? Even when you know everyone in the dorm, better safe than sorry. Especially with a product as beautiful and sweet as the iPod touch!

-Urbz
  3. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thank you for your grammatical corrections Mr. Teacher.

I don't live in Student accommodation, I live on a quiet street in an extremely quiet town in England. 90% of the residents on my, 20-ish house, street are old age pensioners so I have very little worry of them stealing a parcel from me, no matter how tempting a "16GB Apple iPod Touch" may sound to 80 year old Dorris from down the road.

My point is that photographic evidence is a bit extreme, never have I had to prove myself that much to a guy who's just supposed to be giving me an item I bought online.

That and the fact that it means I HAVE to skip college to be in to receive it, since the nearest TNT return depot is 50 miles away, I don't drive yet, one of my parents doesn't drive and the other doesn't get home until 7pm at which point he's far too tired to make an hour drive down to Durham.

I may sound like a big whinge, but you can imagine my torment when I found out, after an 11 hour day at college, that they had taken it back to their depot 50 miles away.

Anyway, it gets me a day off college I suppose, and looking on the bright side it's only 2 days away until I get my new toy.
  4. curthard89

curthard89 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i gree, i had same problem, addressed to my mum......only she can arrange the pick up? i mean wtf? only she can pick it up aswell? i mean cumon tnt, stop being gay!!!

anyway, in the end i just spoke to the depot manager (alton branch) and sed my mum was ill of health and cannot drive (40 miles away) and he said just bring id and stuff...so now i have it, but tnt put the wrong thing through the door with wrong number and saying they will deilever again... and they got it all wrong!! twats
  5. opsguy

opsguy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Did anyone notice that the shipping details were clearly stated on the Apple website when buyers pre-ordered. It also stated that if you could not be there for delivery you can do a online release of signature prior to shipping and they will leave it at the door.

Several friends did this and their iPod Touch was sitting at their door when they got home.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'll admit I didn't see that no, but even if I did I wouldn't have done it because I wouldn't want it just sat on my doorstep. I would much rather it get delivered to next door ready for me to pickup when I got home.