iPhone 3G tmobile internet on iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by billydudeiskewl, Nov 5, 2009.

1. billydudeiskewl

billydudeiskewl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I just called up t-mobile and had them sign me up for the unlimited web for phones thing. When I try to use the internet it just says I need to subscribe to a data plan, which I already have. It also says this when I go onto my Samsung Gravity with the same SIM card in it. wtf
  2. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    This seems strange.

Are you on the unlimited mobile web for regular phones or smart phones? That could be the issue. The clerk you got when you called might not be the smartest, and signed you up for the wrong type of internet plan. You need a smart phone data plan, that's how it work's here in Canada with Rogers!
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

You just need to put in the correct APN and it should work.

Which plan are you on? A Google search should get you the correct APN numbers or I can post up the ones I use.
  4. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    APN numbers? I'm pretty sure he has to be registered for the correct plan; it debates what his SIM reads and allows him to do... If the clerk registered him for mobile internet, which is for regular mobile phones which are still running Edge then that's all his phone should allow. However, if the clerk registered him for the data plan for iPhone/Smart Phone then it would give him access to the 3G and such.

I just called my company and asked them about that whole concept, and they've confirmed it. With Rogers, you can have an iPhone and just run off a normal internet plan but either not get internet at all or run off edge. Or you can order the data plan which tells your SIM to tell your Phone to allow you onto the 3G network.
  5. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    well for one make sure you got the edge plan, not 3G. if its 3G then it wont work on iphone. make sure its edge plan then put in the t-mobile settings into your iphone.
  6. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Why wouldn't the 3G work, do they not have a data plan for smart-phone's? If I'm right pretty much all smart-phone's now connect through 3G. T-Mobile should have a 3G Service, and therefor he could sign up for that. Edge sucks in my opinion...
  7. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    t-mobile 3G gives off a different signal than at&t 3G does. so t-mobile 3G is not compatible. t-mobile has 3G, it just doesnt work on iphone 3G. only edge.
  8. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Oh, well thanks for filling me. It's strange it doesn't work on the iPhone though, you'd think if the iPhone was unlocked and all it'd still pick it up. Guess not!
  9. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Put this in your APN settings.
    wap.voicestream.com
  10. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    haha yea. i dont know how it all works technically. i just know that it wont work. most likely hardware because if it was software im sure someone would have made it work by now.