Tired of Restoring!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Sportsmaniac1322, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've had to restore my ipod 3 times over the past week all because of the same problem. I'll install something in Cydia, then it won't let me get back to my homescreen, but'll still let me mess around in Cydia. After awhile, though, it'll freeze up, making me force reboot it. When it turns back on, it stays on the apple logo forever until I restore. What's going on?
  2. Masna

Masna New Member

Haha, same here. I've restored 3 times in the past day for all the same reasons.
  3. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    when i install sth from the cydia
    i go to the home of cydia waiting a little and then i hit the home button
    cause of i hit it before it wont go
    you jailbreak your ipod with winpwn ?
  4. jped

jped New Member

thats weird ive never had a problem with 2.0 or 2.01 besides an application crashing once in a while which is normal
  5. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I still haven't gone through a day without restoring. Proves how much Cydia SUX.
  6. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Same boat here, but from an e-mail convo with Saurik, it's got something to do with the way 2.0/2.0.1 loads up apps. Getting tired of jailbreaking, period. May just say buh-bye and go back to pre-jailbreaking 2.0.1
  7. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    @TmacHot, yeah I use WinPwn. I'm really getting sick of this. I can't go more than 2 days without my ipod getting stuck on the boot screen for some reason. I might try to just download all my packages and manually install them with SSH. It's a pain but if it won't screw up my ipod I'm all for it!
  8. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    to all of you having problems: try a different computer, or even better a mac! if you don't have one go to some one who has, a friend fammily etc. winpwn is still very buggy and is still only RC. it often have issues with just some computers and work with others. i couldt get it to work on my computer, so i try with my brothers, it worked with no problems. try┬ž!
  9. jped

jped New Member

yah i use a mac and ive never had to restore my 2.0 or 2.01 ipod or had it stuck on a boot logo or anything like that. i think that 2.01 is the best firmware so far no problems at all for me
  10. kiko

kiko New Member

The problem happens when you try install 4 or more updates at same time, try install one by one.